Learning behaviours (associated with highly successful learners)
- Resilience – Students don’t give up when the going gets tough.
- Responsibility – Students take responsibility for our learning.
- Resourcefulness – Students learn in different ways.
- Reasoning – Students stop and think about how we are going to do things.
- Reflective – Students learn from experience and use feedback to help us improve.
And (+1) Respect (this covers HOW we behave in our Academy)
This means a well planned curriculum designed to develop Knowledge, Skills, and Qualities, and to offer students a broad range of learning experiences which will help to prepare them to become lifelong learners and independent thinkers. It also means putting the best teachers in front of students and a commitment to continuous professional development as a means for teachers to explore and share best practice.
This means having high expectations for our students, holding students and ourselves accountable for the progress they are making, and reporting progress to parents at regular intervals throughout the year.
Innovation and Collaboration
The academy is committed to scanning the horizon for new and best practice in education and to working with other “outstanding” organisations in the region and across the country.
Community and Culture
We are an academy at the heart of its community and responsive to its needs while also recognising that our students are increasingly part of a global community. Our culture is one of high aspiration and mutual respect and is characterised by our “5 Rs +1”